The following rules apply to all classes:
1. Glue may be used to secure motors, motor carriers, axle bearings. Magnets must be removed from all cars.
2. Front tyres are open: any tyre may be used.
3 .Rear tyres are open; (except all Silicon and Ortmann tyres are banned.) Tyres must fit the rim without distortion.
4. Front and rear tyres may be ground down and trued.
5. Any guide and or braid may be used.
6. Motors should be as standard, no rewinds or cobalt magnets etc.
7. Cars can run loose. Longer screws can replace short screws. Spring kits for motor cradles are allowed.
8. Unlimited ballast allowed. Lightweight interiors of any make are allowed but must provide a realistic driver or drivers (rally) and cockpit area. No plastic blobs or paper photocopies.
9. Controllers should not contain any capacitors or other smoothing devices.
10. Saloons, GT`s and Rally cars can be 1mm wider than body arches on either side. There are odd exceptions such as the SCX/Ninco Porsche 911s which are wider as standard F1`s to be no wider than 72mm.
11. Gear ratio is open.
12. Cars in all classes (except SCX Sports) may use any approved brand gears, axles and wheels.
13. Motors are open but should not rev beyond 25,000 rpm, (any motor suspected of being beyond this limit will be checked). Motor cradles may be used but chassis should not be cut to facilitate the fitting of a different motor.
14. Only the following approved brands of cars/spares may be used in any class: Ninco, Fly, SCX, Scalextric, Slot It, Spirit. NSR, MSC, All Slot, Racer Sideways, Avant Slot, Slotting Plus, Scaleauto.
15. The booster box on the control panel can be used with any car using an RX motor.
16. Once an individual car has been used by one driver in a meeting, then it can't be used by another driver in the same meeting (i.e. no car sharing).
17. Breach of the above rules will mean the car is removed from the start line; repeat offences will result in disqualification from the meeting. There will be random checks, don’t get caught cheating.
I hope members will abide by the rules again this season and we can continue to avoid any unpleasant incidents involving disqualification as these would only cause bad feeling.
Russell Turner - Chairman
Classes & Calendar:
An outline description of the classes for the season can be found in the calendar and a more detailed explanation on page 2 of the downloadable version of the rules below
The West London 2016 rules can
be downloaded by clicking
on the Microsoft Word icon below: